We find that many people mistakenly believe the cost of annual maintenance for their air conditioners is higher than it is.
They wonder if an A/C tune-up is really worth it.
Because of this fear, some homeowners skip tune-ups for their air conditioner altogether.
However, by neglecting one of the most expensive appliances in their home they are doing themselves, not to mention their air conditioner, a disservice.
In fact, inadequate maintenance is a common cause of problems with air conditioners.
Here are four reasons to begin maintaining your air conditioner every year:
1. Maintenance for Your Air Conditioner Will Pay for Itself.
A well maintained air conditioner is a more efficient one. Having your system properly maintained can help lower repair costs and ensure your air conditioner is operating at peak performance. The more efficient your air conditioner the lower your energy costs as well.
2. A Tune-Up Can Help Extend the Life of Your Air Conditioner.
An air conditioning tune-up can help also reveal potential issues with your system before they become a problem that could lead to a breakdown. You can address an issue with your system at your convenience instead of being surprised by an air conditioner that stops working.
3. You’ll Have the Cleanest Air Conditioner on the Block.
A professional tune-up includes thoroughly cleaning your system. And a cleaner system is also a more efficient one. Built up dirt and debris can obstruct airflow and force your system to work harder than it should to cool your home.
We recommend changing your air filter on a monthly basis for the same reason.
4. Keep Your Manufacturer’s Warranty Valid
Many manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your air conditioner’s warrant valid. Skipping a tune-up could mean you are responsible for any repairs or replacement that might otherwise have been covered by your manufacturer.
Our 19-Step Tune-Up includes much more than a thorough cleaning. Here is what you will get when you call Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing for your A/C Tune-up:
1. Check and level thermostat
2. Check air filter and airflow
3. Check blower motor for proper amperage draw, voltage and wiring connections
4. Check condenser motor for proper amperage draw, voltage and wiring connections
5. Check compressor for proper amperage draw, voltage and wiring connections
6. Lubricate all motors
7. Confirm proper charge
8. Inspect indoor coil and condenser coil (if accessible)
9. Inspect/clean condensate drain
10. Test/Inspect safety devices for proper operation
11. Inspect disconnect box for any loose connections
12. Test/Inspect contactors for burned/pitted contacts
13. Inspect disconnect box for any loose connections
14. Test/Inspect capacitors
15. Inspect fan blade
16. Check all time delays
17. Inspect service valves
18. Measure temperature difference: supply/return
19. Inspect ductwork
For more information about maintaining your air conditioner please visit our website or contact us today. If you live near our Ft. Lauderdale, Florida service area, we would be happy to help with your air conditioner service, tune-ups, replacement or repair.