You may not spend a lot of time thinking about your home’s piping, but ignoring it could lead to an expensive problem.
Your home’s piping is the foundation of your plumbing system. Over time, these pipes can rust and corrode, which can lead to water leaks. This is a slow process. So, often homeowners don’t know that they have an issue until these leaks begin causing further damage in the home. At that point, you should bring in a licensed plumber to assess the situation. Re-piping is often the best solution in that circumstance. It’s also something to consider if you experience leaks and want to stem the issue before you have a more expensive problem on your hands.
Why re-pipe your South Florida home?
- If your home contains lead pipes – We’ve all seen news stories about the dangers of lead piping deteriorating and contaminating drinking water with toxic levels of lead. For the sake of your family’s health, lead pipes should be replaced immediately.
- If your pipes are made from polybutylene – Polybutylene pipes were popular in homes built from the 1970s to the 1990s. However, this material is known to be poor quality and prone to breakage.
- Corrosion – If you can see signs of corrosion on your pipes, it’s reasonable to conclude that the pipes you can’t see are corroding as well. Pipes showing signs of staining, dimpling, flaking, discoloration, or pimples are corroding and need to be replaced right away.
- Brown or yellow water – Pour some water from your tap into a clear glass. Is your water colorless? If not, your water is probably mixing with rust inside your pipes.
- Leaking – Most likely, your pipes were all installed at the same time. So, if you notice a small leak, it won’t be long before you see more. In fact, the leaks you can’t see have the potential to cause the most damage.
Lindstrom’s Trust Certified plumbers will work with you to determine how much re-piping your home needs. Whether you need an entire house re-pipe or one loop, we can help put an end to damaging leaks and ensure that your home has clean, healthy water.