A dripping faucet can be a simple disturbance that can quickly turn into a plumbing replacement project if ignored. Did you know that on average leaks can waste almost 10,000 gallons of water in a home each year. To put that into perspective, that amount of water is about what it takes to fill up an entire swimming pool.
Fixing just one faucet leak can save you almost 10% on your water bill. Leaks are bad for both the environment and your wallet.
Why is your faucet dripping? It could stem from any one of these reasons:
1. Problem with the O ring. The O ring can become loose or wear out after regular usage causing the faucet to drip near the handle.
2. Worn out washer. This happens as a result of friction during each use. A worn out washer is one of the most common causes of a dripping faucet.
3. Corroded valve seat. Accumulation of water sediments can cause the valve seat to corrode, causing leakage around the sprout area.
4. Improper installation of the washer. If the washer isn’t installed properly or is the wrong size it can cause a leak. Call the professionals at Lindstrom to give you a hand.
5. Worn out seals. With constant usage, sediment accumulates causing the seals to wear out.
6. Broken plumbing. Broken pipes and fittings can develop cracks that may interfere with the water pressure and lead to faucet dripping. This is the least likely reason your faucet is dripping.
Fixing your dripping faucet properly is important. This simple inexpensive repair if ignored could end up becoming an expensive headache. Give us a call so we can give you your peace of mind back. We’ll diagnose the problem and fix the leak for you.