It never fails that on the hottest day in South Florida, your air conditioning system stops working. After assessing the situation, you give the experts at Lindstrom Air Conditioning and Plumbing a call and wait for an air conditioning service technician to come to your home. One question is swirling around in your mind: Should I repair my AC system? Or, should I replace the entire thing?
An air conditioning system is a rather large, complicated machine, with many different parts of different sizes and roles, that can stop working for one reason or another.
Some fixes are easy, and affordable:
- Filter replacement
- Clean the coils
- Replace fuses, circuit breakers or relays
Other fixes or replacements may include:
- Refrigerant leak detection and repair
- Thermostat replacement
- Condensate pump replacement
- Condensing unit fan motor replacement
- AC refrigerant recharge
It might not be easy for you to see what might be the issue with your air conditioner, so that’s when you call the service professionals at Lindstrom Air Conditioning. A skilled AC technician will come out and run diagnostics and see why your air conditioner isn’t cooling. Depending on the issue, or issues, and your air conditioner’s age, he or she will recommend repairs or replacement.
Most service technicians will use the “3,000 Rule,” meaning you take the age of the cooling equipment and multiply that by the estimated repair cost—if the number is greater than $5,000 they will suggest that it’s time to replace your cooling unit.
Other factors that may indicate it’s time to replace your home’s AC unit:
- The unit is more than 8 years old (the average lifespan of an air conditioning system in South Florida is between 8 and 10 years)
- The frequency of AC repairs (multiple repairs and service calls can add up)
- Updated energy efficiency (a more efficient system will lower your utility bills and reduce your environmental impact)
Lindstrom Air Conditioning and Plumbing carries a wide range of Carrier air conditioners to fit any budget, and we can work with you to find the right solution for your family’s comfort at home.
Contact us today to see how we can work together for a cooler, more comfortable home.