If you’re in the market for a new air purifier or air cleaner, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. Both devices have their pros and cons, and it can be tough to figure out which one is the best option for your needs. We will break down the differences between air purifiers and air cleaners to help educate you so that you can make an informed decision about which device may be right for you.
What is an Air Purifier
An air purifier is a device that uses filters to remove pollutants from the air. Air purifiers are often used to improve indoor air quality by removing a variety of airborne pollutants including dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and more.
What is an Air Cleaner
An air cleaner is a device that uses ionization to remove pollutants from the air. Air cleaners are most commonly used in industrial settings, but they can also be used in homes. They work by trapping larger particles in the air, such as dust and pollen which then “cleans” the air.
To clarify, an air cleaner is a device that comes with your home’s HVAC system to trap allergens; whereas, an air purifier zaps and sterilizes most of the contaminants in the area surrounding it.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of both.
Air Purifier Pros:
- Air purifiers can remove smoke particles and other pollutants from the air.
- Air purifiers typically have a longer lifespan than air cleaners.
Air Purifier Cons:
- Air purifiers can be loud, which can be disruptive if you’re trying to sleep or concentrate.
- Without good air circulation, air purifiers can only purify within a centralized room.
Air Cleaner Pros:
– Air cleaners are much quieter than air purifiers, making them ideal for use in bedrooms and offices.
– Air cleaners are whole-house filtration systems
Air Cleaner Cons:
- Air cleaners are not as effective at removing airborne particles as air purifiers.
- Air cleaners require regular filter changes, which can be costly over time.
Still not sure which one is right for your South Florida home? Our team of experts at Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing can help you figure it out. We offer a wide range of air purifiers and air cleaners from which to choose. In fact, Lindstrom is an RGF-certified Black Label Dealer in the arena of indoor air quality with the training and knowledge to make recommendations that are best for the needs of you and your family. Give us a call today at (800) 813-1824 for an appointment. We’re happy to help!