You hear us talk a lot about precision tune-ups and the benefits they can have for your system and wallet. Tune-ups keep your system working at max capacity so your system runs at its most efficient. This saves you money on energy costs. That $89 precision tune-up also saves you money from having a costly breakdown. When your cooling system is regularly checked, you catch malfunctioning parts before their failure can damage your entire system.
Tune-ups may seem like magic but they are actually more of a science. We’ve perfected our tune-up process to help us thoroughly inspect every part of your unit that could be causing issues. If you’ve ever wondered what happens when we disappear into your attic or backyard, these are the 19 steps our technicians take to maintain your system.
Precision Tune-Up Checklist
- Check and level thermostat
- Check air filter and air flow
- Check blower motor for proper amperage draw, voltage, and wiring connections
- Check condenser motor for proper amperage draw, voltage, and wiring connections
- Check compressor for proper amperage draw, voltage, and wiring connections
- Lubricate motors
- Confirm proper charge
- Inspect indoor coil and condenser coil
- Inspect and clean condensate drain
- Test and inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for any loose connections
- Test and inspect contactors for burned or pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical compartment
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Check all time delays
- Inspect service valves
- Measure temperature difference of supply and return
- Inspect ductwork
After we’ve fully inspected your unit, we’re able to find and repair broken parts and let you know about parts that may soon fail. We can offer you recommendations on how to get the most efficiency out of your system and even when it may be time to consider getting a new one.
A precision tune-up is a crucial check-up that your system needs. Schedule one today and consider signing up for one of our maintenance agreements to save yourself even more money!