For most people, a tax refund is “fun money,” an unexpected windfall used to pay for an early summer getaway or the down payment on a new car. More practical folks might choose to use the funds to pay down credit card debt or invest for retirement. Here’s an even better idea: use it to bolster your most valuable investment of all, your home.
Save energy, increase your resale value, and most of all make a more livable, comfortable home for you right now.
Here are some ideas on how to use your tax refund to give your home a money-saving, energy-efficient makeover.
- Consider upgrading your furnace to a higher SEER rating. In Florida, that goes double for your air conditioner. A little increase in efficiency has energy-saving dividends for years to come.
- Replace your traditional toilets with low-flow models to save water.
- Look into a more efficient water heater. Your water heater uses a lot of energy. An increase in efficiency can help lower your utility bills.
- Have an energy audit conducted on your home. What you learn could surprise you.
- Sign up for a Lindstrom cooling, heating, and plumbing maintenance agreement.
- Have Lindstrom come out and perform a whole-home duct cleaning service.
- Purchase and install a new smart thermostat before the heat of summer is upon us. The sophisticated scheduling functions could save you money in the long run.
- Add zoning to your home’s cooling system to eliminate hot and cold spots and increase the efficiency of your system as a whole.
These ideas can help your home’s mechanical systems run more efficiently and use less energy. The end result can save you real money! Give Lindstrom a call today to talk over how we can help put your tax refund to good use.