No one likes a slow drain. Professional cleaning is always your best bet to clear your drains, but in a pinch, you can clear at least a portion of a clog on your own. Here are some tips to help you get that done.
- Start with hot water. Sometimes hot (even boiling) water is all it takes to loosen up a small clog in your sink, tub, or shower.
- Plunge away. Whether you have a sink plunger or just a standard toilet one, steadily pump your plunger over the drain for one to two minutes.
- Put dish soap in to action. If grease is your problem, pour dish soap that specializes in grease removal (like Dawn) to cut through any oil build up.
- Create your own liquid cleaner. A mixture of baking soda and vinegar can break down materials that may be clogging your pipes.
- Use your favorite soda. Sugary sodas like Coca-Cola and Pepsi are able to break down clogs even better than some store bought drain cleaners, and are much safer.
- Prevent, prevent, prevent. The best thing you can do for your drain is to prevent as much clogging material from entering it as possible. Things like hair, grease, and excess food are some of the most common culprits. Prevention is only successful if your drain is already clog-free.
Need a Professional Plumber?
From Fort Lauderdale to Port St Lucie, our plumbers can help you with any clogs you may have from sinks to portable toilets to garbage disposals. We offer a video inspection of your sewer lines, which we can make repairs to if needed. We strive to use drain care products with a natural process in lieu of harmful chemicals. We even go beyond drain snaking with our sewer jet cleaning process.
For more information on our drain clearing or other services, please contact us today. Don’t forget about our 100% money-back guarantee.